Membership and Objectives
To become a member of ABA, you must satisfy at least one of the following conditions:
- Membership is open to a Bamileke residing in the State of Georgia.
- Membership is open to the spouse of a Bamileke residing in the State of Georgia.
- Membership is open to Bamileke children who are 18 years old and reside in the State of Georgia.
- Membership is open to a non-Bamileke residing in the State of Georgia, if the individual is referred by an active member of the association and approved by a simple majority vote of the members present during a General Assembly meeting.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES OF ABA
The goals and objectives of ABA are the following:
- Promote the proud cultural heritage of the Bamileke people of Cameroon.
- Enhance the socio-economic capacity of members of the Bamileke community in Georgia.
- Identifying indigenous resources for the ultimate benefit of the Western Region of Cameroon.
- Facilitate a spirit of collegiality and collaboration between members of the Bamileke community.
- Enhance our ability as a people to carry out economic, social, and cultural development projects.
- Collaborate with other Bamileke associations in the State of Georgia and beyond, as well as other Cameroonian organizations while preserving the interest of ABA and the Bamileke people.